Tuesday 2 March 2010

A ONCE AND FUTURE BOOK WEEK





Its World Book Day week, and I had a suitably exciting moment yesterday. I discovered that "A Boy Called Mouse" has appeared on the amazon site, giving the publication date as 4th October 2010, the very start of the UK October 2010 Book Week. Not sure if that means that Mouse will stand out or be carried along in a deluge of autumn books. With luck, the first option!

It has been a very long wait, but day by day everything inches closer. Must give some thought about how to celebrate that 4th October, as I have never arranged any publication party before for my books. However,"no cover image is yet available", so I am still longing to see the final cover design.

I have also heard back from Wise Agent, who was very encouraging about the pages of Tome Two I'd sent her. She wants to know how my two main characters meet, which may be agent-speak for "Do get a move on with the thing, Penny!"

Not this week though, as I'm out four days of five and one evening at a local Battle of the Books. No time for owt that's truly writerly at all.

Happy travelling wherever you roam, all you visiting authors!

No comments:

Post a Comment