Friday 12 March 2010

SWINGS OR ROUNDABOUTS?





So much for my hopes for almost daily blogging! Whatever happened to the last two weeks? I have spent these days whirling from one school to another, moving from one group of children to another, very much enjoying my round of World Book Day celebrations, despite some too-early-and-frosty mornings. Thank heavens for the support of my satnav:I do love pressing that "Go Home" button at the end of the day.

But even while I'm out trying to show that making stories is fun, there's always a slight tension I have to deal with: the writing! When I'm putting all my energies into visits, I find it impossible to do any proper writing work. And, annoyingly, just as I thought I'd cracked the tangle in Tome Two and was making progress. Swings or roundabouts?

But my happy news is that something exciting is coming in the post . . .

4 comments:

  1. When I suggested getting a satnav to help with school visits I was thinking of something a little less hairy... but if it gets you home - that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Better to be doing author presentations and writing than blogging anyday imho!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damian, you have no idea how many times I bless you for urging me to get a satnav, esepcially at the start and end of the trip, even though it did mean having to restrain my pride in map-reading. Erm, the model in the picture isn't exactly the one I use. More a sample of me screaming after arriving after the caretaker has closed the gates that morning.

    Karen G, I do agree with you. Blogging sneaks in pretending to be real writing, but - Turkish delight & Narnia and all that - too much is a distraction and bad for you. Unfortunately, it don't get the real work done. However, Karen, I might ask how come you're here instead of writing eh? :-) Get back to work yourself - but thanks for popping in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Penny
    I'm pretty much the same, promised myself I would blog at least every 4-5 days but March is a crazy month spent chasing about with visits all over the place.
    I rarely manage to get any writing done on visit days unless sit is on the way there in a train.
    Waiting for something exciting in the post... Now that is exciting. I love getting nice surprises in the post.

    ReplyDelete