Sunday 4 July 2010

An inspiring situation.



Looking forward to a week away at Charney Manor, an old manor house in the deep grassy countryside well west of Oxford. I am hoping my stay will include some time to think and work on Tome Two. Just now I'm playing with the "voice" of the story once my two heroes meet. Do I do one chapter in one and one in another? And do I mix in third-person too? The only true answer is to try it, becuase you're thinking about the story as you write too.

My mind's been too full of other things. I've had a busy time catching up on tax returns, admin, a couple of shorter pieces of writing, and various odds and ends for an organisation I belong to. But they are all done - including putting the cover of A BOY CALLED MOUSE up on my website - so maybe my mind will be free enough to move the new story on a bit? Hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment