Thursday 18 February 2010

I'M LATE! I'M LATE!


Feeling like the White Rabbit here. So little time, so much that seems to be still undone. Have been whizzing about for the last week or so, opening a school library, going on an arts course, visiting a school miles away, having people to stay - both big and small - and doing assorted admin in between, though not enough of it.

And now this! Over the last while, I've been putting together a Book Quiz for an imminent local schools event. (No, not the KidsLitQuiz.) Today was going to be my last day on it. I gave the wording a final check, both questions and answers, which included taking out a favourite question because I wasn't totally sure the answer was in the text as well as in the film, and of course that particular book had run away and hidden itself, as they do! Yep, I checked that the grammar was as simple and clear as possible, the answers straighforward, everything nice and tidy. Ta-da!

I had actually ended up doing this final five minutes of tidying up for most of the day, so imagine my huge relief as I sent the quiz-carrying email off to the Great Author & Designated Questionmaster.

Groan! Before I had even reached for the big thick pencil to make big thick marks on my shortened To Do List, the wretched email bounced back. It seems that Great Author's email address no longer exists, not in that form. So back on my shelf the task goes, quivering and unfinished, the To Do List as smug and as full of itself as ever.

Even sadder, I have heard that A BOY CALLED MOUSE is unfinished too. My excellent editor has found that the proofs need a few last tweaks so the text sits happily on all the pages. Time to get my own editing hat on again. Hope I can work out all the answers this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment