Sunday 10 January 2010

USEFUL WORDS

The list is getting longer. Read all those articles about improving your website. Read that book about voice work. Prepare that storytelling workshop. Reply to those 25 lovely letters from two schools in Wales . . .

Ruffling through cuttings & cards from my last year's diary (the almost obsolete deskfax format)I came across a useful reminder for me, for writers everywhere, and maybe for other people too.

Here it is THE MAIN THING IS TO KEEP THE MAIN THING THE MAIN THING.

In other words, whatever you do, make sure your writing time comes first. Just wish I'd noted down who said it.

Just off to join an online celebration. Here's wishing a Happy First Birthday to HELP! I NEED A PUBLISHER!, Nicola Morgan's great writing blog. Go search and have fun.

Then back to at least thirty minutes on the main thing.

4 comments:

  1. Just popping in from Nicola's party.

    You are so right about getting on with it. I have been very good at getting on for the last two years but am struggling in 2010 because of too many distractions builders and snow for a start. And now I have a death in the family to deal with as well.
    Things can only get better.
    Keep on keeping on!
    Feel free to pop along to my blog at
    childrenswritersbookclub.wordpress.com
    And good luck with your book - can't wait to read it.
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! I look forward to following your year of the mouse, and I'm going to be your first follower here. Congratulations on your publishing contract! I hail from the U.S. and have enjoyed meeting so many writing bloggers from everywhere aka Nicola's blog party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Putting a paw around the door from Nicola's party - I promise not to play chase with the mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Jo, Karen and Cat! Glad you all called in!

    Jo, sometimes life just hammers at the door too loudly and you have to go with it. Hope things do improve soon. Will pop along to see you later today.

    Karen, great to think of you over there and me over here. A big welcome to my first follower - and Nicola's party's been great.

    Cat, what can I say other than hello and I'm glad you behaved yourself?

    ReplyDelete