Thursday 21 January 2010

LOPING AND SCURRYING

This morning I definitely feel true Gemini mode. I should be, and want to be, wrangling the plot of Tome Two into shape. There's something in it that keeps niggling me, and I can't work out what the problem is.

For that I need to have deep reflective energies - a slow but determined loping along, watching out for the ideas that come to me.

Instead - and annoyingly - I'm in scurrying mode. As I'm going down to London for some of next week, I'm trying to sort out train timetables, and arrange meetings, and work out how much time it takes to get from A to B. It has to be done now, because many publishing people aren't in their offices on Fridays, and next Monday is too late for any sensible planning.

I'll be scurrying for real next week, but my imagination is scurrying now: what to take, what to say, will I fit in the Dickens Museum in Doughty Street this time or not, who will I know at the Watts & Wayland Hay's Galleria party? None of this helps today's main thing. Get back to the basic plot wrangling, girl. Slow down, slow down. Start loping.

No comments:

Post a Comment