Wednesday 14 April 2010

DOOR WIDENING NEEDED, PERHAPS?

What can I say? My last post told you the uncorrected proofs of A Boy Called Mouse had arrived.

This post makes me feel even more boasty as I have now read from those very same uncorrected pages!

Last weekend, at The Federation of Children's Book Groupa Conference 2010, I gave a seminar - well two if you count the repeat - on the theme of Following The Mouse. (Mice do keep popping up in my books!)

And this meant that not only was I able to read from my beloved book "The Third Elephant" which is full of mice in minor but essential roles, but I was able to read a short extract from Tome One (ABCM). It was an amazing experience as this book has been a loooooooooooong time coming. but at last I feel it will truly exist. And I am so proud of it!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with it, Penny - I'm sure it will be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great Penny. It's good to hear that it's all coming together. Wish I could have made it to the Conference...

    ReplyDelete